Matsyasana Yoga Pose & Benefits (Fish Pose Yoga)
There are different asanas that you can practice to keep yourself fit and fine. You also need to know that if you are able to do the asanas in the right way and that too regularly then you would really be able to get the best results and that too within a very short duration of time. Matsyasana is also known as the Fish Posture and this asana helps in maintaining normal breathing.
How to do Matsyasana?
You need to do the following steps in order to get the best results while performing Matsyasana.
- First make yourself lie on the back.
- Next you need to gradually bend backwards.
- Make sure that you do not try to raise your kneed and instead try to rest your elbows on the floor.
- Now try to bend your head backwards by making an arch form. This can be done by bending your backbone.
- Now try to rest your head on the floor.
- Next you need to make yourself pull more on the thighs. You need to twist more on your neck and the back. But you should make sure that you try not to strain yourself.
- You need to be in this position for fifteen to twenty seconds.
- You can also try to do in an advanced way where you can bring your right hand below the elbow and then try to catch your right toe.
- In the same way the next thing that you need to do is to bring your left hand below your hip so that you can catch the left toe.
What are its benefits of Matsyasana?
Matsyasana has got a lot of benefits to your body as it helps in activating your spine and gives some massage effect to your facial tissues. You would also be able to get rid of any wrinkles. So you can regain the youthful look even when you are old.
Matsyasana also helps in removing stiffness of the neck as well as your back. You would feel very flexible and deep breathing is possible by practicing this asana. You should be able to do the asana in the early morning so that you can get the best result.
Matsyasana helps you in giving some good strength to your back and you would forget your back pain forever. If you have been suffering from constipation then you would be able to get rid of it by doing this asana on a daily basis without any fail. It also helps in massaging your abdominal organs to a lot extent.
Performing Matsyasana (Fish Pose) helps you in reducing fats from your stomach as well as your buttocks. Patients who are suffering from diabetes can also practice this type of asana as it helps to improve general metabolism. You should be able to concentrate well when you try to perform the asana. It is always important to know all the techniques on how to perform the asana in the right way.
Matsyasana is the destroyer of many diseases. It removes constipation. It brings down the accumulated faecal matter to the rectum. It is useful in asthma, consumption, chronic bronchitis, etc., on account of the deep breathing.