Paschimottanasana Benefits and Steps (Seated Forward Bend Pose Yoga)
Paschimottanasana: With different types of asanas you have to make sure that you perform it under a strict supervision of your yoga expert. You can try to practice Paschimottanasana where you can get lots of health benefits. You need to know all the steps that are required to carry out this type of asana. If you face any problem while doing the asana then you should not worry because in the course of time you would be able to do it without any problem.
How to do Paschimottanasana?
There are certain steps that are discusses as under.
- First you need to lie down flat on your back. Do remember to keep your arms parallel to the body as well as your legs together.
- Now you need to inhale deeply and try your best to stiffen your body.
- The next step that you need to do is to raise your head and your chest slowly. You need to assume a posture of you sitting with your knees that needs to be kept rigid.
- Now try to bend further and then exhale slowly. You must make sure to hold your toe.
- Next you need to bend slowly and you should do this till your face rests on your knees.
- Next you need to inhale and then return to your sitting position.
- In the next step you need to be flat on your back and you must make sure that you keep your arms parallel to your body.
- Repeat this asana for four to five times.
What are its benefits of Paschimottanasana?
Paschimottanasana has got lots of benefits that include helping your body to become more flexible. In other words it helps in ensuring you of your quality of youthfulness. In case you were suffering from any spine or back problem it would help you to get rid of this.
Paschimottanasana also helps you a lot in curing all types of stomach problem. It also goes a long way in helping you in digestion and prevents you from suffering any kind of ulcers. You would be able to find that you have improved your health and that too in a very short period of time. If you are a woman then this asana can help you a lot in reducing excess fat from your body.
Paschimottanasana is suitable for all ages and so you can do it without any problem. You have to ensure that you are performing this asana without over-stressing your body because if you do so then you would not be able to get the perfect result for your body. You can find lots of information of the different yogas by researching online and you would be able to gain the best results out of it.
Retain the pose for 5 seconds. Then gradually increase the period to 10 minutes. Those who find it difficult to do the full Paschimottanasana, can do half pose with one leg and one hand and then with the other leg and hand. They will find this more easy. After some days when the spine has become more elastic, they can have recourse to the full pose.
Getting the right benefits by practicing yoga can help you a lot in living a good life ahead. You would forget all your pains that you have been suffering earlier. So you should try to perform different asanas in the right manner and that too regularly.